David H. Freeman, J.D., a former practicing lawyer, is the award-winning CEO of the David Freeman Consulting Group and founder of Law Firm CultureShift®. He is a best-selling author, speaker, consultant and coach who has shown thousands of lawyers and leaders how to become better rainmakers.
For three consecutive years, David was recognized nationally as the top “Law Firm Business Development Consultant and Coach” in National Law Journal surveys, and for over twenty-two years, he has worked with hundreds of law firms world-wide, including over 1/3 of the AmLaw 200. He is a two-time best-selling author who has co-authored five books, and has individually written four books on law firm leadership and business development:
- Creating a Cross-Serving CultureShift®: Mastering Cross-Selling for Lawyers and Leaders
- The Law Firm Leader’s Reference Guide for Creating a Business Development Culture
- Secrets of the Masters: The Business Development Guide for Lawyers
- Weekly Reminders for Revenue-Focused Leaders
David has also has written dozens of articles on the revenue-related aspects of leadership, service, strategy, and business development for many of the major legal publications. He is a highly rated speaker, trainer and consultant who presents at firm retreats, law firm networks, bar associations, law schools, and law firm leadership conferences. His expertise has been recognized by his peers as follows:
- Selected as a Fellow in the College of Law Practice Management
- Chosen as a “Trusted Advisor” by the Professional Development Consortium
- Formerly the exclusive business development coach for the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF)
- A former member of the Board of Editors for Marketing the Law Firm (an American Lawyer Media publication)
- A former member of the Education Committee of the Legal Marketing Association
- Co-Chair the 2010 Annual Conference for the Legal Marketing Association (LMA)
As founder of Law Firm CultureShift®, David works with firms that are committed to energizing and imbedding a culture of business development. Main areas of practice include:
- Business development training and coaching (partners, laterals, and associates)
- Leadership training and coaching for firm leaders
- Accelerated cross-selling training and planning
- Client service training and planning
- Retreat speaking, design and facilitation
- Business development culture assessments
David also brings a deep understanding of how to engage the organizational and human factors that drive successful implementation. For three years, he was a change management, strategic planning, and Balanced Scorecard consultant, engaged by corporations such as Sun Microsystems, Zurich Financial Services, Agilent Technologies, and Olin Corporation.
David is currently working on a technology project that will radically improve the effectiveness of business development training, planning, coaching, and implementation.